– 3 cloves garlic
– 4 red Asian shallots
– 3 lemongrass stems, white part only, thinly sliced
– 1 tsp each ground turmeric and galangal powder
– 2 red chillies
– 2 tbs oil
– 1 lb 2 oz boneless white fish fillets
– 1 tbs fish sauce
– Process until a paste forms, adding oil to assist grinding process.
– Cut fish into large bite-sized pieces.
– Place fish in a bowl with spice paste, toss well, and cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes then place on a foil-lined grill tray.
– Cook under a broiler for 3-4 minutes, turning pieces over so fish browns on all sides.
– Arrange fish on a serving plate and sprinkle with fish sauce.
– Serve immediately.